Loyal readers

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Baked oreo cheesecake

It's been a while since I last baked anything or updated anything in here. Been busy the past 2 weeks with courses, upcoming exam and of course the never ending school workload.

Took the opportunity during the labour day weekend to try a recipe of Oreo cheesecake. The recipe was so plain and easy! It was for a New York cheesecake but I had some Oreo at home and being an Oreo lover that I am, I modified the recipe. Also, I added some golden syrup with sour cream as the topping for the cake. I also toned down the quantity of the sugar so that it won't be too sweet. Gotta take care of our body, right? Because giving up cheesecake altogether is just wishful thinking.





Overall the recipe turned out pretty okay. The cake is smooth and creamy, but next time I will reduce the number of eggs used because I insist that I taste too much egg in the cake although nobody else did. Baked this around 9pm last night, this morning there's less than half a tray left. Success? Maybe. Hungry barbarians in the house? Definitely!

Here is the simple recipe, if anyone wants to try it.

Ingredients:
Crust
Crush butter cookie with some melted butter. Spoon into the pan and spread them evenly.
Cheesecake
2 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Topping
3 Tablespoons sugar
8 oz. sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:
1. Beat cream cheese, 2/3 cup sugar, 3 eggs, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with mixer until smooth. Pour into well greased 9 inch pie plate. (p/s: I just place the oreo biscuits all over/in the batter and some crushed oreo on top as a decoration)
2. Bake 22 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. Turn oven off. Remove cheesecake and cool for 5 minutes.
3. Combine 3 Tablespoons sugar, sour cream, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread over warm cheesecake and return to oven for 5 minutes. (p/s: I added some golden syrup here)
4. Cool and refrigerate.

2 comments:

  1. yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!! def going to try. thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. u shud shanis! its easy peasy. kejap je dh boley siap. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes